Drive for Work is the premium business version of Google Apps. In addition to everything available in Google Apps for Work, Drive for Work includes unlimited storage and Google Vault for everyone in your organization, plus additional Drive administration, auditing, and reporting features. With Drive for Work, your users can…
- Store as many files in Google Drive as they need, as well as unlimited Gmail messages and Google+ Photos. Users no longer need to pick and choose only the most valuable content, saving them time and worry. (If you have 4 or fewer users in your organization, each user gets 1 TB of storage.)
In addition, administrators can…
- Use Google Vault to retain, archive, search, and export your organization’s email for your eDiscovery and compliance needs.
- Use Vault to also search across all files in Drive and export files based on searches.
- Gain additional insights with advanced Drive audit reporting and APIs.
- Specify exactly which users can do the following, based on organizational units:
- Download or use Google Drive for Mac/PC to sync Drive files with their computer.
- Enable offline access to Google Docs editors.
- Open files in web apps installed from the Chrome Web Store.
- Use Google Docs add-ons built by other developers.
Google Drive for Work
Share files or whole folders with individuals, your entire team or even customers and partners. In addition to any file type you choose to upload, Google Docs are also stored in Google Drive.
Access your files anywhere
From your browser or Google Drive on your Mac, PC or mobile device, you have single place for up-to-date versions of your files from anywhere.
Open and view any file
View over 30 file types right in your browser, including images, HD videos, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop files, even if your device doesn’t run the file’s original software. Save files from Smartsheet, DocuSign, or SlideRocket and other web apps directly to Google Drive, and launch those apps by opening these file types from your Drive.
Stop worrying about what folder you put which doc in and find exactly what you’re looking for with fast search powered by Google. Search over content you’ve created and docs that have been shared with you. You can search with keywords and filters to locate any file, and even search for objects in images or text in scanned documents.
Import / Export with Ease
With Google Docs, it’s easy to import your existing work and convert it from most common text, spreadsheet and presentation formats so you can edit and share. Optical character recognition (“OCR”) even lets you import editable text from PDFs and images. If you need to, you can easily download any of your docs to the most common text, spreadsheet, presentation and drawing formats or export them to PDFs on your hard drive.
Keep track of all the changes that you and your team have made to each doc. Detailed revision history lets you look back at each doc after each set of edits and you can always revert to an previous version if you like.
You can print any of your docs right from your web browser or even from your mobile phone or tablet using Google Cloud Print.
Do more than just view your docs on your mobile. Make edits and share with others in real time from your Android device or any mobile web browser.
Google Docs is designed for security and reliability with features like encrypted connections to Google’s servers, real-time file save, simultaneous replicated storage for your documents, built-in disaster recovery and fine-grained sharing controls that let you share your work with the right people