When running systems in-house, the need for backup/recovery and backup/restore services is clear. Organizations must protect themselves from system failures and other events that can corrupt or destroy important information. With Google Apps, however, the highly redundant infrastructure offers great protection from data loss due to system failures.
Why should you backup your data in Google Apps?
- User Error: The most common form of data loss (~30% of all data loss)
- Security Breach: A hacker gains access to your SaaS data
- Third Party App Error: Any app downloaded in a Marketplace can have bugs – an opportunity for hackers to enter
- Rogue Employee: User error that’s not accidental. Could happen with any disgruntled or former employee of your company
- Software Error: Service outages and account suspension can happen
What can you do?
Deploying a cloud-to-cloud backup solution will protect your data. Solutions designed to backup specific solutions, like Backupify for Google Apps, provide enterprise grade features and services without breaking a budget.