Deadline 1/31/22: Google Workspace Transition
The deadline for managing your Google Workspace transition:
Jan. 31, 2022.
As we have noted in past posts and communications, the transition to Google Workspace may significantly impact your subscription fees, with increases that can double or triple your cost.
Limited incentive discounts are available; you must act now!
What Does the Jan. 31, 2022 Deadline Mean?
If you do not manage your transition from G Suite to Google Workspace, Google will automatically change your subscription as early as February 1, 2022.
- For customers on a month-to-month (“Flex”) subscription, Google will automatically change your subscription from G Suite to Google Workspace beginning February 1, 2022.
- For customers on a subscription with an annual or multi-year commitment, Google will automatically transition your subscription at your next renewal date.
What is the Impact?
Your G Suite subscription will transition to the Google Workspace subscription that matches your features and utilization. Google will move all of your licenses to the subscription level that ensures no loss of features or functionality.
- G Suite Basic with one or more users with Additional Storage
- You will transition to Workspace Business Standard or Business Plus
- Your fees will go from $6/user/month plus the added storage to $12/user/month or $18/user/month.
- G Suite Basic and have users with Vault
- You will transition to Workspace Business Plus
- Your fees will go from $11/user/month to $18/user/month.
- G Suite Business users
- You will transition to Workspace Business Plus to maintain your Vault service
- Your fees will go from $12 to $18 per user per month.
Minimize the Impact
You can minimize the financial impact by assessing your subscription licenses and usage, and:
- Mix and match licenses:
- Within the Business or Enterprise tiers
- Avoid paying for capabilities not needed or used by everyone.
- Take advantage of incentive discounts by managing your transition to Google Workspace before the January 31, 2022 deadline:
- Transition from monthly flex to an annual commitment
- Transition your existing annual or promotional commitment early
- Consider a multi-year commitment for greater savings
- Remove past employee accounts by either:
- Transitioning them to Archived User Accounts
- Exporting and deleting
Schedule time with one of our Cloud Advisors. We will assess your current subscription, the impact of your transition, discuss subscription and licensing options, and determine if you qualify for incentive discounts.