Based on customer and user feedback, Google announced today a set of major improvements for both Hangouts within Google Apps and Chromebox for Meetings.
- Hangouts is now a core Google Apps for Business product, covered under the full Terms of Service that supports Gmail, Drive, Sites, and other core services. This means that Hangouts are eligible for Google’s support, 99.9% uptime guarantee, and is ISO 270001, SSAE 16/ISAE 4302, and SOC-2 certified.
- Google Apps account users can now include up to 15 full participants without creating a Google+ Profile.
- New partners, like Blue Jeans, enable people on traditional video conferencing systems to join video meetings.
Chromebox for Meetings
- You can now connect two displays to one Chromebox for Meetings device, so you can see your audience and your projected presentation/screen at the same time.
- From the Google Apps Admin Console, IT admins can better manage meetings, including: remotely starting meetings, muting, and hanging up meetings.
You can learn more about these features on Google’s Official Enterprise Blog post.
If you want to better understand how Hangouts and Chromebox for Meetings can help your business, please send us a note.