COVID-19 Resources for SMBs
Updated 03/30/20; Additions in italics.
As a service to our clients and to small and midsize businesses, we are collating resources to help you mitigate the economic and business impact of the COVID-19 emergency.
Some of these resources are informational, others are tools that can help you adapt your business to current conditions. This post covers the following topics and will be updated regularly.
- Tools & Services for Remote / Virtual Work
- Informational Webcasts
- Emergency Financial Assistance (updated 3/3o)
- Customer Engagement Tools
- HIPAA Compliant Video Conferencing in G Suite
- Free / Discounted Phone and Communication Services
Tools & Services for Remote / Virtual Work
- See this blog post, which we will periodically update
- We are posting information webcasts from multiple sources in our News & Events calendar. Please check the calendar for dates and times.
- Open Office Hours — Cumulus Global
- COVID-19: General FAQs for Employers — Massachusetts Health Council (MHC) & Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM)
- The Remote Worker: Effective Virtual Meetings – Brainstorm, a Cumulus Global partner in learning
- NOTE: While some events may be from organizations in our area, we expect the information to be useful to all small and midsize organizations.
Emergency Financial Assistance:
- In Massachusetts:
- The Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation has halted its disaster loan program to avoid conflict with the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program (see below)
- In ALL States:
- With the passage of the CARES Act, additional loan programs will be available. See this post for info on the loan/forgiveness program.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program is available to most businesses nationally. Start here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) has made an important adjustment to the terms of its Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL). Moving forward, EIDL loans will defer payments for the first year (twelve months) of the loan.
- The SBA launched an Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program offering emergency loans up to $25,000. Click here for information.
Customer Engagement Tools
- Live Chat
- Adding live chat to your website can help you facilitate sales and customer service, and can provide a role for your sales team.
- Contact us to discuss solutions
- Phone Services
- Providing remote workers access to your business phone system helps facilitate customer interactions.
- Contact us if your current phone system does not let you easily extend to employee laptops, tablets, or phones.
- We have affordable ways to improve communications, often by augmenting your current phone services.
- Webcast Services
- Webcasts and video meetings and want to engage customer, employees, and other face-t0-face.
- If you are running G Suite or Office 365, you have the ability to run video meetings and broadcasts without additional costs.
- Contact us if you want to learn more or need assistance running a meeting.
- We can also assist with more advanced web/video meeting services.
HIPAA Compliant Video Conferencing in G Suite
- Hangouts Meet, the new video meeting service in G Suite can be used for HIPAA compliant video sessions
- Hangouts named video calls are not covered by G Suite’s HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
- For best practices, administrators should make Meet the default for video meetings and disallow use of classic Hangouts and chat. These settings can be limited to specific groups of users, if appropriate.
- Contact us for assistance with these settings and/or user training.
Free/Discounted Phone and Communication Services
- Several VoIP and online meeting providers are offering free or dramatically discounted services for up to 90 days.
- These services can be configured to work with your existing phone services to extend access and features to employees that do not normally work remotely
- Contact us to discuss your needs, workflows, and options.