Google Workspace: Key Transition Dates
With the restructuring of G Suite into Google Workspace, Google is providing more service tiers and subscription options and you will need to decide which subscription best meets your needs and budget.
Here are some key dates to keep in mind as you plan your transition.
Your Renewal Date
- If your G Suite subscription is an annual, promotional, or multi-year commitment, whether you pay annually or monthly, your renewal date determines when you need to transition from G Suite to Google Workspace.
December 31, 2020
- Incentive discounts for early moves to Google Workspace expire. We must complete the change by this date for discounts to apply. Discounts are available for 1, 2, and 3 year commitments. (Learn more about Google Workspace)
- Vault Former Employee (VFE) licenses for non-Postini customers expire. Licenses will convert to paid Archive User (AU) licenses. (see our blog post on this topic)
January 15, 2020
- If your renewal date is before January 15, 2020, you have the option of renewing your G Suite subscription for one more year or transitioning to Google Workspace.
- If your renewal date is after January 15, 2020, you must switch to a Google Workspace subscription at renewal if you have not already done so.
March 31. 2020
- This is the last date G Suite Customers on monthly flex plans can continue with their G Suite subscription. If your G Suite subscription is a monthly flex and you have not yet switched to a Google Workspace subscription, the transition will happen automatically on April 1, 2020.
- Vault Former Employee (VFE) licenses for past-Postini customers will deprecate. While the date is not yet set, Google will provide at least 60 days notice prior to moving VFE licenses to paid Archive User licenses. We strongly recommend that you start planning for this transition. (see our blog post on this topic)
To discuss Google Workspace subscription is best for your business, explore the incentive discounts, or get answers to your questions, please email us or submit this form. We will arrange a call with one of our Cloud Advisors.