The tag line of a recent ZDNet article says it all:
Tech leaders have to support how their business generates revenues and profits if they are to be taken seriously.
As reported in the article, KMPG reports that 76% of CEOs want their technology projects to “make” rather than “save” money. And while this data is from a survey of large and mid-market enterprises, we understand the small and midsize business owners and decisions makers want the same results. Cloud gives you the ability to reduce resources needed to manage and maintain IT infrastructure, which can free up resources for IT solutions closer to the revenue stream.
Your mindset as a business leader should remain on Business Outcomes; your IT service provider should have the same focus.
Whether you are the IT decision maker, you have a CIO or IT Director, or you rely on an IT service provider for strategic guidance and tactical solutions, here are some ways to rethink and redirect your IT direction and value.
- Identify the biggest challenges in your organization: Start by understanding what your business wants to achieve and the most critical roadblocks. These are most often business, not technology, issues. Technology, however, provides the tools needed to overcome challenges and enable opportunities. Let desired business results guide your technology strategy and drive specific projects.
- Focus on how to develop new business models: Think beyond how a new technology can cut costs. Explore and evaluate how emerging technologies, such as AI and Machine Learning, can enable your business to rethink “how” you work and how you manage revenue streams.
- Use information to create a more efficiency: Take advantage of new business intelligence tools that empower you to convert your data into useful, actionable information.
- Remember that “Digital Transformation” is a process, not a solution. Rethinking your business processes to better leverage cloud and new technologies continuous effort. Remember that new apps, tools, and templates need to adapt as you learn more and as your business needs and priorities change.
- Pick the right partner: We are past the “one and done” era of IT solutions. Your environment needs to evolve with you business, your employees, and your partners. Pick a partner that can stay with you for the long-haul.
Cumulus Global focuses on “Cloud Forward” IT solutions that support your desired business outcomes. Contact us for a complimentary Cloud Advisor session to discuss your business goals, challenges, and priorities.