One hesitation that business leaders have when deciding to move to Google Apps is how their staff will react. People can feel attached to Outlook, as it is likely the work email client they have know for years.
While many employees already use Gmail personally, they may hesitate when it comes to work email.
Share these 7 Reasons why Outlook users learn to love Gmail and help your users make the transition.
- Filters. Gmail has a thorough automatic spam filter. Employees can also set up individual filters that will opt out, unsubscribe from, and label superfluous messages, as well as organize emails that help individual productivity. Unlike in Outlook, filters are not “local” to any system; they work regardless of the device used to access Gmail.
- Instant IM. Google maintains the user’s most recent email recipients on a chat list, which is on the same screen as the inbox. With one click, Gmail users can start secure IM chats or initiate Google Hangouts. Hangouts gives instant access to voice and video conferencing between individuals and with groups of up to 15 people.
- Priority inbox. Gmail predicts which emails are most important based on what your employees have read in the past or have selected as important. Employees can also flag emails with a star as they go through them, which helps identify which messages are most urgent.
- Labels. Instead of organizing emails into just one folder, labels allow employees to tag emails that fit into more than one category. Labels work with Filters and Search, from any device.
- Search. Google is good at search. Gmail leverages Google’s outstanding search functionality, allowing users to find emails with a quick keyword search. While Outlook requires you remember where you saved your emails or use the clumsy advanced search window, Gmail searches across all Labels automatically, or refine your search to one or more labels.
- Performance. Gmail doesn’t have the service hiccups that Outlook often has. Outgoing emails are sent quickly, incoming emails appear instantaneously, and inbox management requires no waiting.
- Mobile. Employees can easily check Gmail when they’re on the go! Gmail has a dedicated mobile app that makes email messages easy to access on Android devices and iPhones.