Myth Busting Monday: Cloud Lacks Security
Security is still the biggest fear across SMBs considering the cloud. IT leaders and C-level execs worry about spies, cyberthieves, governments, and vendors access their company’s data. This fear is unfounded.
You are the Sole Owner of Your Data; You Manage and Control Privacy and Access.
Like most reputable and trustworthy cloud providers, Microsoft runs the Office 365 based on several key principles:
- Microsoft never mines your data for any reason other than to provide you with the Office 365 services
- Microsoft’s staff does not have access to your data
- If you leave Office 365, you can always take your data with you
- You control the security and privacy settings; you determine who has access to what
- Auditing and supervision prevent your admins from unauthorized access to your data
Beyond the core security and privacy capabilities of Microsoft Office 365, we offer additional configuration, tools, and services to ensure compliance with privacy regulations and/or your internal policies.
Fear not the lesser known security of the cloud. Learn, trust, and go.
This is the sixth of a multi-part series designed to help companies better assess the opportunity and value of cloud-based solutions. Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation Cloud Advisor session to discuss your priorities and plans.