Looking beyond basic comments within documents, Google Docs now features the ability to use comments for discussions with email integration. Key aspects of this new feature include:
- The ability to reply to comments written by others
- Identity and ownership of all comments
- The ability to resolve comments and discussions instead of deleting them. You can review all discussions at any time.
- Add somebody to a discussion thread using @mentions. They get an email with your comment and a link so they can join in. Or, the individual can simply reply to the email
- The ability to manage if and when you receive notifications for comments and discussions
Given the scope of the change, Discussions are only available for new documents.
For more information and a cool demo video, click here.
If you think this type of collaboration can help your business run more efficiently, please let us know.