How Do You Know if You Are Cloud Ready?
We understand the Google Apps may not be the best fit for all companies, but the solution is certainly worthy of serious consideration. For most businesses, however, the question is really “Are YOU Cloud Ready?”
Being Cloud Ready is more than a willingness or desire to move IT infrastructure services, such as email, into cloud-based services. You need to assess how the cloud solution will work for you. Beyond the basics of email, calendar, and contacts, this means you should understand the following …
- Does the cloud solution fit with your business processes and usage patterns? Or, will users need to change how they use these applications?
- Can you estimate how many users should see productivity gains by moving to the cloud solution?
- Can you calculate and compare accurate Total Cost of Ownership estimates for your current systems and your cloud solutions?
- Do you understand how many of your users rely on basic features versus your power users?
- Do you have usage patterns that add could complexity to your migration if not identified in the planning phase?
Fortunately, answering these and other questions is getting easier as new tools come to market.
We have partnered with Exoprise to offer CloudReady RAPID and CloudReady PRO assessment services for MS Exchange environments. With a non-intrusive analysis tool and expert analysis, we can provide you with the data and information you need to understand if you are ready to move from MS Exchange to Google Apps.
If you want to know more, please email me directly.