G Suite Enterprise for Education Savings
As schools and districts continue to rely heavily on Google Meets, Classroom, and other services that facilitate remote and hybrid learning, Google is extending its 50% discount for full domain upgrades to G Suite Enterprise for Education through October 31, 2020. Student licenses will remain free provided the ratio of student to faculty/staff licensing is 10:1 or less.
Rapid Enhancement of Google Meets
Responding to feedback from educators and competitive pressures, Google is accelerating the rollout of features for Google Meet. As announced at Google’s recent The Anywhere School 2020 event, Google Meets will see the addition of the following features, some of which (as noted) will only be available in G Suite Enterprise for Education.
- Moderator Controls: Teachers will be able to end meetings for all participants once class ends, better manage join requests, disable in-meeting chats, require the teacher to join before students can enter the meeting, and prohibit participants from joining after being ejected or denied entry twice.
- Larger Title Views: Support for up to a 7×7 grid will let up to 49 students be seen at once
- Breakout Rooms: G Suite Enterprise for Education teacher accounts will be able to split classes into smaller group discussions.
- Custom Background Support: Students and teachers will be able to blur or replace backgrounds to prevent distractions and keep things consistent for all students.
- Attendance Tracking: G Suite Enterprise for Education teacher accounts will be able to see and track which students attended virtual class.
“Later this year”
- Temporary Recordings: This will be available to all Education customers as opposed to the premium recordings only available to G Suite Enterprise for Education, allows teachers to record meetings and share the recording within their district for up to 30 days before the recording expires and is deleted.
- Hand-Raising System
- Q&A Features (limited to G Suite Enterprise for Education)
- Polling : To Engage students (limited to G Suite Enterprise for Education)