On August 18th, Cumulus Global reached a milestone: 15 Years of Service. Founded in 2006, we have provided tactical and strategic cloud services and solutions to small and midsize businesses, non-profits, local governments, and K-12 school systems. Thank you! Our journey could not have happened without the trust our clients and partners place in our expertise, insights, and services.
“Our need will be the real creator.” – Plato
Cumulus Global — born as Horizon Info Services, LLC — exists because we wanted and needed to solve critical business problems. Running a strategic IT consultancy at the time, Allen Falcon and Chris Caldwell had clients struggling to manage spam. With more than 95% of all email being spam, on-site email servers and Internet connections were saturated and overwhelmed processing junk email. Having found a solution, the duo spun off what is now Cumulus Global to provide cloud-based email security and compliance services to their consulting clients and other small businesses. The service, Postini, did the trick and our business grew.
“Just Google It.” – Anonymous
In 2007, Google acquired Postini and Cumulus Global became one of Google’s first partners and resellers. Our relationship with Google created new opportunities for Cumulus Global and our customers, and enabled a vision and mission of helping smaller businesses take full advantage of the cloud computing evolution.
Cumulus Global helped Google pilot its Google Apps Premier Edition (now evolved into Google Workspace). We were one of the first partners authorized to resell to governments and schools. We partnered with Google for the launch of Chromebooks for Education.
With all of these first, Cumulus Global stayed true to its focus: strategic and tactical cloud solutions that augment or replace traditional small business IT solutions for better productivity, value, and business results.
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
Following the acceptance and rapid growth of “Cloud Computing”, Cumulus Global landed at #349 on the 2014 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies. In 2015, we were #914 in the Inc. 5000.
“Every problem is a gift — without problems we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
While the growth was exciting, rapid growth creates challenges. The resources required to rapid growth detracts from other areas of the business. In 2016, we made a conscious decision to focus on “Better, Not Bigger”. With this shift, we:
- Became a Microsoft Silver partner, providing a platform agnostic view of cloud solutions
- Added a broader range of security, privacy, and compliance services to meet evolving market and regulatory demands
- Expanded from providing “support” to delivering “services”, offering customers unlimited co-management of cloud and IT services
- Rolled out new managed services, such as Business Continuity/Backup/DR, Identity and Access Management, and Managed Print services, to provide customers with a complete, cohesive, and secure technology environment.
We continue to anticipate and respond to regulatory, industry, and market changes that impact our customers’ businesses and influence decisions.
“Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” — Albert Einstein
Like most small businesses, we are only as good as the members of our team. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated professionals that share our vision and passion. This has been true throughout our history. Cumulus Global continues to be a comfortable workspace in which our team members feel safe to learn and grow — professionally and personally. We are proud of our team and their commitment to our mission and visions, and our customers. We are also proud that Cumulus Global has helped many on our team build new skill sets, expand their horizons, and launch fulfilling careers.
“Commitment is what transforms a promise into a reality.” – Abraham Lincoln
Our commitment remains firm: The outcomes you want – business, operational, technological – drive our passion. We help small and midsize organizations, like yours, get more value from existing IT and new, Cloud Forward, managed cloud services.
- Start by understanding your business so we can align solutions with your goals and objectives.
- Design, deploy, and manage secure, cloud forward solutions that empower your team and give you a competitive advantage.
- Partner with Microsoft, Google, and dozens of other vendors to match you with the right technologies and services.
- Stay with you for the long haul, managing your services, supporting your team, and keeping your IT services in sync with your changing business needs and priorities.
“Nothing happens unless first we dream.” – Carl Sandburg
Cumulus Global began with a vision and a dream that an emerging technology — cloud computing — could transform how small and midsize organizations would use technology to thrive and grow. We remain actively involved with industry organizations so we may continue to look forward, identify shifts, and pursue new opportunities for, and with, our customers.
Where are you now? Where do you want to be?