As remote work becomes a longer-term consideration, we have spent time and money to make sure that our teams can work from home. Computers, WiFi upgrades, remote desktops, and new cloud services have been parts of the solution. Often forgotten are voice services. Employees that normally work in the office may not be set up to effectively use your phone system from home. For some businesses …
- Employees answering general lines are unable to forward calls to other employees, requiring callers to hang up and redial or the disclosure of personal cell and home phone numbers.
- Members of hotlines, service desks, and other managed groups cannot receive live calls, forcing them to constantly check and respond to voice messages and dramatically increasing the effort to coordinate activities.
- Individuals are forwarding business lines to home or mobile phones, mixing business and personal voicemails and calls.
A robust voice service can dramatically improve remote worker productivity.
By moving to a cloud Voice over IP (VoIP) service, or augmenting your current phone services, you can ensure your business communications run smoothly.
- Robust desktop apps allow receptionists and administrative staff to answer, transfer, and route calls.
- “Soft Phone” mobile apps allow staff to send and receive calls from personal devices without using or disclosing personal contact information.
- All voice messages remain within the system, ensuring data privacy.
- Managed calling groups function properly, maintaining routing, sequencing, and time management features.
- Employees have access to conference calls, and optionally video call and secure chat services.
In addition, many cloud VoIP services seamlessly integrate with the Microsoft 365 and G Suite ecosystems, improving ease-of-use and providing additional features.
If you need to shore-up your phone service, we have multiple, affordable options we can match to your needs. Please contact us to discuss your needs and options.