Sharing one of your spreadsheets with others, but want some else to own it? You can now change the owner of a Google Spreadsheet. Simply use the Change Owner option More Actions menu.
Last week, Google made a huge announcement about the Google Docs service under Google Apps Premier Edition. To summarize:
- Users can now upload documents of ANY TYPE to Google Docs
- If you upload a file that can convert to Google Docs, you have the option to convert or to maintain the native format
- Documents you convert still have size and format/feature limitations
- Documents you do not convert remain in their native format and may be up to 250MB in size
- More Space
- You now have unlimited storage space for documents in Google Docs format (Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Forms)
- Storage for documents kept in native format has been increased from 500MB to 1GB
- Even More Space
- You will be able to purchase more space
- While rumors abound about the cost, Google has not released final pricing and has not provided resellers with the ability to add more space for their customers … yet.
The impact of these changes amazing. Google Docs can now be used as a virtual file server. Over the next few weeks, we will be evaluating tools that leverage these new capabilities and will post our findings here.
You can now use translation functions in Google Spreadsheets that detect and translate languages. This enhancement is in all versions of Google Apps.
Click here to learn more.
Phone / Fax / Email
Headquarters / Boston
4 Bellows Rd / 2nd Floor
Westborough, MA 01581
PO Box 1129
Westborough, MA 01581-6129
120 W Trinity Pl
Decatur, GA 30030